Accounting Papers at Tauranga (2018)
Accounting is known as the common language of business. Accountants use their skills to analyse and explain financial information to their clients, such as profit margins and cash flow. They also help senior managers make important business decisions, and can advise on taxation, contracts and assets. The academic requirements of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), CPA Australia or ACCA accountancy professional institutions can be satisfied with an appropriate selection of papers.
Accounting is available as a first major for the BBA and the BMS(Hons). Accounting may also be included as a second major or minor in other undergraduate degrees, subject to the approval of the Faculty in which the student is enrolled.
To complete Accounting as a single major for the BBA or BMS(Hons), students must gain 135 points from papers listed for Accounting, including 105 points above 100 level, and 60 points above 200 level. Students must complete ACCTN101, ACCTN102, ACCTN202, ACCTN203, ACCTN204 or ACCTN304, ACCTN301 and ACCTN308, and 30 points from ACCTN302, ACCTN303, ACCTN305, ACCTN306, and ACCTN309.
To complete Accounting as part of a double major for the BBA, BMS(Hons) or other undergraduate degree, students must gain 120 points from papers listed for Accounting, including 90 points above 100 level, and 45 points above 200 level. Students must complete ACCTN101, ACCTN102, ACCTN202, ACCTN203, ACCTN204 or ACCTN304, ACCTN301 and ACCTN308, and 15 points from ACCTN302, ACCTN303, ACCTN305, ACCTN306, and ACCTN309.
To complete a minor in Accounting, students must complete 60 points from the papers listed for the Accounting major, including at least 30 points above 100 level, and including ACCTN101 .
Note: Students meeting the academic requirements for CA are required to include MNMGT301 and the remaining papers from ACCTN302, ACCTN304, ACCTN305, ACCTN307 and ACCTN308 not already taken for the major. Students who commenced a major in Accounting in 2016 or prior and are undertaking their third year in 2018 will do so using existing 20 point papers. Students are encouraged to contact the Waikato Management School for programme advice.
For a full list of offerings in this subject, including those available in Hamilton and online, see the Catalogue of Papers. Not all qualifications and subjects can be taken in full in Tauranga. See what can be studied in Tauranga.
- ACCTN204 - 18B (HAM) & 18B (TGA) - Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT301 - 18A (HAM), 18A (TGA) & 18T (HAM) - Capstone in Accounting
- ACCT302 - 18B (HAM), 18B (TGA), 18S (HAM) & 18S (TGA) - Financial Accounting
- ACCT313 - 18B (HAM), 18B (TGA), 18XB (HAM) & 18XB (TGA) - Accounting Information Technology and Systems
- ACCT321 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Commercial Law
- ACCT324 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Legal Issues in Business and E-Commerce
- ACCT331 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Management Accounting
- ACCT332 - 18B (HAM) & 18B (TGA) - Financial Management
- ACCT341 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Auditing
- ACCT351 - 18B (HAM) & 18B (TGA) - Taxation
- ACCT399 - 18F (HAM), 18F (TGA), 18H (HAM) & 18H (TGA) - Applied Project in Accounting
- ACCT401 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Capstone in Accounting Advanced
- ACCT422 - 18B (TGA) - Law of Business Enterprises
- ACCT431 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (TGA) - Management Accounting
- ACCT490 - 18A (HAM), 18A (TGA), 18B (HAM), 18B (TGA), 18C (HAM), 18C (TGA), 18S (HAM), 18S (TGA), 18Y (HAM) & 18Y (TGA) - Directed Study
- ACCT499 - 18D (HAM), 18D (TGA), 18F (HAM), 18F (TGA), 18J (HAM), 18J (TGA), 18M (HAM) & 18M (TGA) - Report of an Investigation
2018 Catalogue of Papers information as of 20 September 2017 4:40pm