Science, Technology and Environmental Education (2018)
The Science, Technology and Environmental Education programme is for educators interested in curriculum development, learning and teaching in science, technology and environmental education. The Programme is part of the Technology, Environmental, Mathematics and Science (TEMS) Education Centre, which offers professional development for graduates in technology, environmental, mathematics, science and education, who are interested in pursuing postgraduate study in the TEMS group of subjects. Intending students should discuss their programme of study with the Director of the Centre.
Note: The (NET) offerings may include an on-campus component.
Prescriptions for the PGDip(ScEd), PGDip(TechEd), PGDip(ScTechEnvEd) and MEd
To complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Science Education, Technology Education, or Science, Technology and Environmental Education, students must take 120 points at 500 level from the following list, including either DSOE557 or PCSS502. For each area, the paper offered in that area is required, so for Science: STER508, Technology: STER511, and Environmental: STER 513.
To complete the Master of Education with a focus on Science, Technology and Environmental Education, students will normally complete 180 points at 500 level from the following list, including either DSOE557 or PCSS502, and one of a Directed Study equivalent to 30 points, a Dissertation equivalent to 60 points, or a Thesis equivalent to 90 or 120 points.
- STER508 - 18A (NET) - Science Education
- STER511 - 18A (NET) - Technology Education
- STER512 - 18B (NET) - Innovations in Science, Technology or Environmental Education
- STER513 - 18C (HAM) - Environmental and Sustainability Education
- STER543 - 18C (HAM) - STEM Development Project
- STER590 - 18C (HAM), 18C (NET) & 18D (HAM) - Directed Study
- STER592 - 18C (HAM), 18C (NET) & 18Y (HAM) - Dissertation
- STER593 - 18C (HAM) - Science and Technology Education Thesis
- STER594 - 18C (HAM) - Science and Technology Education Thesis
- STER800 - 18C (HAM) - Science and Technology Education MPhil Thesis
- STER900 - 18C (HAM) - Science and Technology Education PhD Thesis
2018 Catalogue of Papers information as of 20 September 2017 4:40pm