Human Performance Science (2018)
The Human Performance Science major represents a distinctive approach to sport and exercise science. It is based on three pillars, namely, performance physiology, performance psychology and performance monitoring and exercise prescription. The science of human performance extends beyond high performance sport and includes links to the general population, movement-related professions, exercise, nutrition and physical health.
Human Performance Science is available as a major for the Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance. Human Performance Science may also be included as a second major or minor in other undergraduate degrees, subject to the approval of the Faculty in which the student is enrolled.
To complete Human Performance Science as a single major for the Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance, students must gain 135 points from papers listed for Human Performance Science, including 105 points above 100 level, and 60 points above 200 level. Students must complete HPSCI101, STATS111, HPSCI201, HPSCI202, HPSCI203, HPSCI301, HPSCI302, HPSCI303 and SDCOA304.
To complete Human Performance Science as part of a double major for the Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance or other undergraduate degree, students must gain 120 points from papers listed for Human Performance Science, including 90 points above 100 level, and 45 points above 200 level. Students must complete HPSCI101, STATS111, HPSCI201, HPSCI202, HPSCI203, and 45 points from HPSCI301, HPSCI302, HPSCI303 or SDCOA304.
To complete a minor in Human Performance Science, students must complete 60 points from the papers listed for the Human Performance Science major, including at least 30 points above 100 level.
Note: This new major/minor is subject to approval by the Universities New Zealand Committee on University Academic Programmes (CUAP).
- CMYHE101 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (NET) - Understanding Hauora, Health and Wellbeing
- HPSCI101 - 18A (HAM) - Introduction to Human Performance Science
- HSHUP101 - 18A (HAM) - Foundations of Health, Sport and Human Performance
- HSHUP102 - 18A (HAM) & 18B (HAM) - The Fundamentals of Coaching and Instruction
- SDCOA101 - 18B (HAM) & 18B (NET) - Sport, Culture and Development: Trends and Issues
- HPSCI201 - 18A (HAM) - Exercise Physiology and Prescription
- HPSCI202 - Psychomotor Learning and Performance
- HPSCI203 - 18B (HAM) - Nutrition for Health and Exercise
- HPSCI204 - 18A (HAM) - Biomechanics In Sport: Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention
- HSHUP201 - 18A (HAM) & 18A (NET) - Psychology of Health, Sport and Human Performance
- MAORI204 - 18A (HAM) - Maori and Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
- HPSCI301 - Advanced Exercise Physiology
- HPSCI302 - Advances in Human Performance Psychology
- HPSCI303 - Advanced Performance Analysis and Exercise Prescription
- HPSCI304 - Sport Technology and Human Performance
- HSHUP301 - Industry and Community Engagement in Health, Sport and Human Performance 1
- HSHUP302 - Industry and Community Engagement in Health, Sport and Human Performance 2
- SDCOA304 - 18A (HAM) - Analysing Coaching for Learning
2018 Catalogue of Papers information as of 25 September 2017 9:22am