Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2018)
Small and medium sized enterprises have a major impact on growth, as they generate the wealth and jobs that sustain economies. Entrepreneurship and Innovation will teach you to identify unique qualities of successful entrepreneurial business strategies and to implement those strategies in the creation of new business. A qualification in Entrepreneurship and Innovation will give you the skills to take on an entrepreneurial role, look at niche opportunities and extract value from untapped areas. It will also provide business skills that cover planning and development, getting the product to the market and keeping it there.
Note: There will be no new enrolments in the Entrepreneurship major, Graduate Certificate, or Graduate Diploma in 2018. Students enrolled in 2017 or previously should consult the Waikato Management School for programme advice.
- ACCT322 - 18B (HAM) - Law of Business Enterprises
- HRMG342 - 18A (HAM), 18A (TGA), 18B (HAM) & 18B (TGA) - Human Resource Management
- INMG311 - The International Business Environment
- STMG316 - 18B (HAM) - New Venture Creation
- STMG321 - 18A (HAM) - Entrepreneurial Opportunity
- STMG324 - 18B (HAM) - Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- STMG325 - 18B (HAM) - Self Actualising Leadership
- STMG344 - Strategies for People, Planet and Profit
- STMG385 - 18A (HAM) - Strategy for Enterprise
- STMG388 - 18A (NET) - Strategic Alliances and Networks
- STMG391 - 18A (HAM), 18A (TGA) & 18B (HAM) - Strategic Management
Prescriptions for the PGDip(Entre&Inn)
A Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is available. The requirements are prescribed in the Waikato Management School Student Handbook. All students should discuss their programme with the Management Student Centre before enrolling.
- ACCT507 - Accounting, Sustainability and a Changing Environment
- INMG501 - 18S (NET) - E-Global Business: Strategic Management and Marketing
- INMG588 - 18A (NET) - International Business Strategy
- STMG512 - 18B (HAM) - Strategic Innovation
- STMG524 - 18A (HAM) - Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice
- STMG555 - Foundations of Strategy and Organisation
2018 Catalogue of Papers information as of 20 September 2017 4:40pm