Communication Design (2018)
Communication Design is concerned with visual symbols; the communication of information in words and images across different media.
Communication Design is available as a major for the BDes. Communication Design may also be included as a minor or second major in other undergraduate degrees, subject to the approval of the Faculty in which the student is enrolled.
To complete Communication Design as a single major, students must gain 135 points from papers listed for Communication Design, including 105 points above 100 level, and 60 points above 200 level. Students must complete DSIGN141, DSIGN142, DSIGN241, DSIGN242, DSIGN243, COMPX324, DSIGN341, DSIGN342 and DSIGN360.
To complete Communication Design as a second major for other undergraduate degrees, students must gain 120 points from papers listed for Communication Design, including 90 points above 100 level, and 45 points above 200 level. Students must complete DSIGN141, DSIGN142, DSIGN241, DSIGN242, DSIGN243, and 45 points from COMPX324, DSIGN341, DSIGN342 or DSIGN360.
To complete a minor in Communication Design, students must complete 60 points from the papers listed for the Communication Design major, including at least 30 points above 100 level.
Note: This new major/minor is subject to approval by the Universities New Zealand Committee on University Academic Programmes (CUAP).
- COMPX101 - 18A (HAM), 18A (NET) & 18B (HAM) - Introduction to Computer Science
- COMPX161 - 18B (HAM) - Computing Media
- CSMAX170 - 18A (HAM) & 18B (HAM) - Foundations in Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- DSIGN125 - 18A (HAM) - Introduction to Communication Design Production
- DSIGN141 - 18A (HAM) - Design 1
- DSIGN142 - 18B (HAM) - Design 2
- DSIGN151 - 18B (HAM) - A History of Visual Communication
- DSIGN171 - 18A (HAM) - Design Methodology
- MEDIA102 - 18A (HAM) & 18B (HAM) - Film Production 1: Audio-Visual Communication
2018 Catalogue of Papers information as of 25 September 2017 9:22am